On 07/17/2014 10:12 AM, John Bleichert wrote:

The Nvidia drivers have been removed from testing since they are not
compatible with xorg-server 1.16[1,2,3].  Stick to your current 1.15 X
server or switch to nouveau.

Were you talking about the release clients with the [1,2,3] - sorry, didn't see that. Just trying to clear up my own confusion.

X.Org X Server 1.15.99.904 (1.16.0 RC 4)

Where are you all seeing xorg 1.16.n?

To the OP: I install and maintain the proprietary nvidia driver myself
w/o getting it from the repos. I'm at driver level 340.24 and everything
works like a charm. x.org and mesa updates sometimes clobber the library
links for the nvidia driver but a simple driver re-install fixes it.

JB