I have successfully prepared a partition for the usage with LUKS. After
that, I've added some entries to /etc/fstab and /etc/crypttab. Using
"cryptdisks_start/stop" with "mount/umount" works fine.

Now I want to be able to mount the partition manually from within GNOME.
I want to have the GUI requesting the passphrase. For this reason, my
entries in the configuration files uses noauto be avoid the automatic
mounting at startup.

My problem is, that Nautilus doesn't show an unmounted device! How do I
mount a LUKS partition with Wheezys GNOME 3.4?

My configuration entries are:

# /etc/crypttab private_luks  /dev/sdb7  none  luks,noauto

# /etc/fstab
/dev/mapper/private_luks /media/privates ext4 user,nofail,noauto,noatime\
1 2