On 08/09/2014 07:16 PM, Tom H wrote:
On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 10:52 AM, George Shuklin
<george.shuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
dch -i tool allows to add new version to debian/changelog file.

When I add new version I make this:

package (1.0.2-1myname1-ubuntu0) UNRELEASED; urgency=medium

  *
  -- signature and date

package (1.0.2-1myname1) unstable; urgency=medium

   * old changes

-- signature and date

If version ends on 'ubuntu' it bumped properly (ubuntu1, ubuntu2, etc), and
when I use my own suite, it just append 'ubuntu'.

Where dch take sting 'ubuntu' to add to version?
>From the man page:

--increment, -i
               Increment either the final component of the Debian release  num-
               ber  or, if this is a native Debian package, the version number.
               On Ubuntu, this will also  change  the  suffix  from  buildX  to
               ubuntu1. ...

Means it hardcoded? Thanks.