Erwan David <er...@rail.eu.org> wrote:
> Le 10/08/2014 20:05, Sven Hartge a écrit :
>> Gábor Hársfalvi <hgab...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> I wish to know when will be the final release of Debian Jessie.

>> The soft-freeze will be in September. The hard-freeze is planned for
>> December, AFAIK. The release will be sometimes after that, probably
>> in the spring.

>> As always: it will be ready when it's ready. It all depends on how
>> fast found bugs are fixed and how many DDs try to throw sticks in the
>> release teams wheels over their hatred of systemd.

> When I see bugs whose result is "some configurations cannot boot", and
> which are not rlagged RC, I do not doubt that jessie will be released.

The only not-running configuration I have seen so far has been with
crypto-volumes using a keyfile. This is a real bug and should be
resolved before release.

All other were mostly misconfigrations which kinda worked before,
because sysvinit was more forgiving or just papered over the error, for
example unavailable volumes during boot without "nofail" or "_netdev".

> I however doubt it will run on all configuratons it should.

Maybe. Report bugs for those configurations which don't work and help
the maintainers and developers sorting them out.

Just sitting there and complaining ad infinitum and hoping someone else
will do the needed work is not going to make things happen.

Grüße,
Sven.

--
Sigmentation fault. Core dumped.