Hi.

On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 12:11:01AM +0200, lee wrote:
> Reco <recovery...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > About the only thing that I'm missing here is why would anyone should
> > compile anything on a production server, Xen's dom0 specifically (as it
> > seems to be the main lee's concern).
>
> I didn't have a server back then --- and software to run on my computer
> which worked fine until some change was made and it suddenly didn't work
> anymore.

Curious. Can you remember the name of this software?

> Package managers told me that the problem won't be fixed and
> to install packages from experimental which wouldn't have solved the
> problem and couldn't be installed without more or less upgrading my
> system to experimental.  They call it "multiarch", I call it brokenarch.
> IIRC, that was before current stable was relased, and there was no
> chance that the problem would be fixed with the next stable release.

The description is somewhat vague, and I can only assume that it was one
of those funny packages contained i386 binaries marked as _amd64 arch.
And you manage to hit an exact moment of transition from (in)famous
ia32-libs blob to the multiarch. Painful, but those things don't happen
in stable.

> Hence I needed a replacement for Debian and switched to Fedora.  Leaving
> users stranded like this is a big no and has destroyed 15+ years of
> trust into Debian.
>
> Now they are planning to do something like that again by forcing systemd
> upon their users, proving me right in what I've been thinking when they
> suddenly enforced brokenarch: That something causing trouble to such an
> extend is likely to cause further trouble sooner than later.

Ok, ok. We all got it already. S*stemd in Debian = bad. S*stemd in
Fedora = good. Fedora has no xen, hence = bad. Debian has xen, hence =
good.

Reco