On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 12:33:43PM -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] said
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ echo "#include <stdio.h>" > foo.cc
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~$ /lib/cpp foo.cc
> cpp: installation problem, cannot exec `cc1plus': No such file or directory
>

> I'm using on Sid:
>
> ii  autoconf        2.57-11         automatic configure script builder
> ii  cpp             3.3.1-2         The GNU C preprocessor.

It works here.

ii  autoconf       2.57-10        automatic configure script builder
ii  cpp            3.3.1-2        The GNU C preprocessor.

I do however have "build-essential" installed.

> cpp doesn't seem to depend on g++, where I believe cc1plus is installed.
>
> Is this a broken package?  And if so, which one?

There have been on-going reports of cpp being broken in weird ways, but
this doesn't sound like that.  Maybe cpp really just wants a dependency
on g++?

--
Rob Weir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> | [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:     president AUTODIN AUTODIN FBI 64 Vauxhall Cross terrorist