On 21/10/14 21:08, Miles Fidelman wrote:
Steve Litt wrote:
On Tue, 21 Oct 2014 10:18:49 +0200
Raffaele Morelli <raffaele.more...@gmail.com> wrote:
Using systemd since 2014-08-09 with no issues.
Good for you. Let's see if you have no issues 2016-08-09, if Red Hat
wins its war against Linux.

Not quite sure I'd go that far - personally, this seems more like
Poettering on a mission to reshape Linux in his image, and is taking Red
Hat along for the ride.  But I could be wrong.

I hope you're not, because the only other explanations I can think of would be far more frightening. In one of the links Steve provided (http://0pointer.net/blog/revisiting-how-we-put-together-linux-systems.html), Mr. "Pid Eins" (= "Pid One") tries to talk *all* Linux distributions into adopting his "reinvention how distributions work" [sic] "as part of the systemd project". Who would be interested in such a "unification" of all Linux distributions? Red Hat? Under normal circumstances, no corporation could possibly be interested in seeing its excellent ideas and its unique selling point being copied by all competitors. A corporation would want its competitors to adopt *bad* ideas - and then step back and watch the competitors dismantle themselves. And if we start thinking about who else would certainly benefit from such a homogenous landscape of highly opaque systems as that proposed by Mr. Pid Eins, we'll quickly enter the realm of what user or developer John Doe would call "conspiracy theories".

p.