Hi Andrei,

Thanks for the extra commands.  Unfortunately, some don't work on my
Wheezy system, are you using a more recent version of aptitude or
apt-get perhaps?

Here is some output:

aptitude search '?upgradeable'
E: Unknown term type: "upgradeable".

apt-get policy debian-reference-en
E: Invalid operation policy

On the other hand, apt-cache policy succeeds whereas apt-get policy
fails, again, probably a version difference.

apt-cache policy debian-reference-en
debian-reference-en:
  Installed: 2.50
  Candidate: 2.50
  Version table:
 *** 2.50 0
        500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy/main i386 Packages
        100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

If you have any insight into why aptitude search '?upgradeable' fails
on Wheezy, i'd be interested, it looks like a very handy command to
get a complete listing vs. for only one package.

======= Keith