HI,

On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:05:08PM -1000, Joel Roth wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 08:03:58AM +0200, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> > On Jo, 20 nov 14, 12:29:32, Joel Roth wrote:
> Yes, they are. I'm curious at which step they get generated.

Your original post should have "dbus" in the command:

 $ apt-get source dbus

All files in .pc directories are generated when the source package is
unpacked.  Please read the dpkg-source manpage.  You are unpacking the
most common source format "3.0 (quilt)".

> I found the files listed above also need to be present to
> build the package.

If you unapply patches, you can safely remove files in .pc.  These files
are used to track patching state of the source tree.  So the source tree
with all the patches unapplied does not have these files under .pc.

Osamu