On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 05:57:30AM -0600, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> From: "Monique Y. Herman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > I think you *can* set things up such that root can log in from the
> > gui. It's just not set up that way in the *default* debian
> > configuration.
>
> So true.  A point made by others as well. However knowing that while a
> good thing doesnt help me. What program supplies gui login?  Or maybe
> what config file sets up the login screen?

In gdm (the "GNOME Display Manager"; if you're not using that, please
tell us what your login screen looks like, otherwise we can't tell!),
select "Configure" from the "System" menu.

> I dont like the idea that debian builds that jail

Please, talk about jails is completely over the top.

Cheers,

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]