On 12/28/14, Renaud  OLGIATI <ren...@olgiati-in-paraguay.org> wrote:
> On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 17:34:19 -0800
> Patrick Bartek <nemomm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do other cards fail to mount, too?  Have you tried another card reader?
>> Old card or new?
>
> Other cards mount in that reader;

< snipped >

Age or size of *both* cards *AND* readers can make a difference. It's
been a long time since I ran into that issue myself so I'm not
remembering exact details. I *do* remember going the route you're
going. Could find it as recognized hardware via multiple different
searches, but it just wouldn't work.

Went that route after a reader had been reading cards then stopped.
Smacked myself *slightly* because one factor was I had just bought the
card not being read. Had coincidentally ordered a newer reader that
was sitting to the side unused (or something like that). Pulled it
out, plugged it, and things worked great.

Somewhere along the line also discovered that my card readers need to
be plugged in directly (to laptop in that case) and not used via a USB
port hub. There, again, they showed up in hardware [output] but
wouldn't work as expected. Disclaimer there is I usually end up with
extremely bottom dollar readers and hubs which would likely also play
a notable part in any of this type of issue.....

Just thinking out loud.. :)

Cindy

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* my dog runs with plastic bags. #truestory *