On 03/15/2015 12:08 AM, James wrote:
I'm trying to upgrade wheezy to testing.
I am following the instructions at:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/90389/how-to-upgrade-debian-stable-wheezy-to-testing-jessie

I have seen this page in detail !
It uses Internet mirror to upgrade that you used before !
I get this error when I try apt-update:

W: Failed to fetch cdrom://[Debian GNU/Linux 7 _Wheezy_ - Official Snapshot amd64 LIVE/INSTALL Binary 20150114-03:58]/dists/testing/main/binary-amd64/Packages Please use apt-cdrom to make this CD-ROM recognized by APT. apt-get update cannot be used to add new CD-ROMs

Does anyone know why?

According to your report , your source.list file looks like a local mirror , not a network mirror! I think you should check your list file or go to official web to search a good file to replace !
mudongliang