I upgraded my employer's Debian server over the weekend and the worst thing that happened was that systemd took forever to launch a service after I rebooted; and as a consequence, none of the jobs stacked up behind that launch ran (including starting the NFS server, which is how I noticed there was a problem). Solved with a reboot (frustrating, as I don't really know what happened). Since then, nothing bad has happened (except that Rstudio Desktop won't run... but Server is happy), but I'm crossing my fingers (OS upgrades are so much fun).

Had to do it since I needed GCC 4.8 and my efforts to install it separately under Wheezy after de-Ubuntuing the box failed miserably.

John L. Ries              |
Salford Systems           |
Phone: (619)543-8880 x107 |
or     (435)867-8885      |