On 20150420_1252-0500, David Wright wrote:
> Quoting David Wright (deb...@lionunicorn.co.uk):
> > Quoting Paul E Condon (pecon...@mesanetworks.net):
> > >
> > > All of my file systems are journaled. Did you notice a delay in remount
> > > as the journal was replayed?
> >
> > No, but I wasn't watching for it. I will in future (though obviously
> > I have adjusted my working practice to minimise the rare occurrences).
>
> ... and my current workaround is to use my little old laptop to copy
> files between USB drives. I just copied 120,000 files (45.5GB) without
> a peep on /var/log/kern.log, not even one of those interface reset
> messages that my desktop often logs.
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Thanks for the report.
I haven't had a I/O error event in quite a while, also.
But I have become embroiled it other issues involving installing Jessie.
I hope the problem is truly fixed, but I continue to have other problems,
some of which preclude me running long I/O intencive jobs.

Cheers,
--
Paul E Condon
pecon...@mesanetworks.net