On Sun, Jun 14, 2015 at 09:45:24PM +0530, arnuld uttre wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I wanted to download all Debian 8.1 DVD images at my friend's place because
> I don't have net at home. but all I see are 3 DVD ISO images available on
> torrents, where as jigdo has available 13 DVD images:
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.1.0/amd64/bt-dvd/
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/8.1.0/amd64/jigdo-dvd/
>
> My friend keeps the DVD image torrent (in Deluge) on his computer when he
> sleeps and it is downloaded by morning. Kind of hassle-free download on
> torrents because his connection keeps on breaking/disconnecting every few
> hours all the time.  But I can not find more than 3 DVD images on torrent.
> What can I do ?
>
> Thanks
> Arnuld
>
> --
> http://uttre.wordpress.com/
> http://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/extract-of-programming/

You probably don't need all DVD images - the first three should be enough to
build you a fairly complete
Debian system.

The other DVDs include all the other packages - 40,000 or so in total - that
make up Debian but you may not
need them all.

To save space, only the first few DVDs are generated and stored now: if you
_REALLY_ want the others to be
torrented, you will need to find someone to make the images first - using the
.jigdo fies - and then torrent
them.

FAQ alert:

If you have reasonably fast network access available to you, you may be able to
install using only the netinst CD
and all other packages will then be downloaded from the 'Net.

/FAQ alert

All the very best,

AndyC