On 06/19/2015 12:15 AM, Bret Busby wrote:
On 19/06/2015, Ric Moore <wayward4...@gmail.com> wrote:
On 06/18/2015 03:25 AM, Petter Adsen wrote:

There are, however, no hits on bumblebee for squeeze at all, so it
won't help in this case. Maybe you could try to build it from source? At
this point that may be your only chance. If only you could do that with
the drivers...

It might also be that it is (maybe for one of the reasons I listed in
my previous mail) incompatible with Squeeze. I just don't know, sorry.

I see the same thing, https://wiki.debian.org/Bumblebee#From_repository
It doesn't appear to be available for sqeeze.

I note also, that I used synaptic to remove all the nvidia stuff, from
the Debian 7 installation, and I removed the bumblebee stuff from that
installation, and reinstalled bumblebee on that installation, and the
Debian 7 installation also still does not detect the external monitor.

"Check and see if you have the tool 'intel-virtual-output' installed. This is included in 'xf86-video-intel' =< v2.99, aprox date released is 22/Dec/2014

Running 'intel-virtual-output' without any extra parameters will daemonize itself and detect attached displays in the background. It will then perform all the trickery of virtualizing and cloning so that the newly attached screen can be used via conventional screen management methods, such as cloning/extending with xrandr."

https://github.com/Bumblebee-Project/Bumblebee/wiki/Multi-monitor-setup

Good luck! I almost went blind reading this, but my Anti-Peril glasses kicked in. If you can figure out something from all of those notes, I'll nominate you custodian of all things related to Bumblebee. Note: you will still have to futz with xrandr for the auto-magically configured extra display to kick in. Or, the computer will wait longer than you for you to do something. They always win a staring match. <cackles> Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html