On 28/07/15 08:11 AM, Muhammad Yousuf Khan wrote:

I had a RAID 1 array for our (fileserver)samba setup which is integrated with AD . last weekone drive died along with motherboard.i attached the drive to another one everything seems working fine till today. now i am seeing error on windows client end. "\\MySambaServer is not accessible you might not have permission to use this network resource .............."

now i can not track this issue.

wbinfo shows the correct list of ad users and group.
ls -l shows the correct permission.
however i can not see the error in log. /var/log/samba/log.MyClientIP

can anyone guys where i can track this issue. so that my fileserver can come back on-line.

any help will be appreciable.

Thanks
MYK
I suspect the problems are not related. The real issue may be in the unix permissions. For Samba to work properly, the unix permissions need to give everyone full rwx access. If they don't, then Samba can't control the permissions.