On 06/08/2015 15:45, Bob Bernstein wrote:
I became curious about the recent vpn thread here, and went browsing
around the 'net. I was staggered (well, not really, that's just an
expression, right?) to see the huge number of ventures offering free
vpn.

A lot of people use VPN to access content that's blocked in their country, or in the network at their work. Big businesses also use VPN to secure their internal communications, and I think a customer like that pays enough to let you provide an extra free service for small customers.