Le decadi 20 thermidor, an CCXXIII, Thomas Schmitt a écrit :
> First i need to have it. How to apply the patches from
> dvd+rw-tools_7.1-11.debian.tar.bz2 to the unpacked
> dvd+rw-tools_7.1.orig.tar.gz so that i get the same source
> that is used for producing Debian binary packages ?
>
> I strive for the source state which the Debian maintainer
> of dvd+rw-tools will see when applying and testing my
> patch proposals.

Using `apt-get source dvd+rw-tools`, I get the following message:

NOTICE: 'dvd+rw-tools' packaging is maintained in the 'Git' version control
system at:
git://git.debian.org/pkg-opt-media/dvd+rw-tools.git

I guess cloning that tree would be the best way of having the same work
environment as the maintainers.

That makes two stacked revision control system, which is a bit clumsy, but I
guess there is no way around it for historical reasons.

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George