On 2015-08-07, Cobra <ma...@xmission.com> wrote:
> I have completed a network installation of 8.1.0. I left the root
> password blank (i.e., disabled root login), supplied a username and
> password for a system management account, and selected GNOME as the
> only additional software to install.
>
> After the installed completed and the system rebooted I was unable to
> login to the system management account via the guy interface (i.e.,
> after entering the password the screen went gray for a short time and
> then the re-presented the login display).
>
> I rebooted into recovery mode, changed the management account
> password, and rebooted the system again. The gui login behaved the
> same. What’s going on?

At the greeter, if you perform a 'ctl alt f2' (I believe that's the key
combo) to get to the console, can you then login?  If so, you could kill
gdm from there (systemctl stop gdm) at which point a 'startx' would get
you into your gui.

Once inside gnome you might explore the possibility of a keymap problem,
as another poster suggested.

That has indeed happened to me.