On Thursday 20 August 2015 15:30:04 Chris Bannister wrote:
> To be fair, there are some Debian.readme which make no sense to an end
> user. I've seen some Debian.readme files which talk about about how to
> compile the program. Hello? Isn't Debian a "binary" distribution.

Yes.  So someone - you? me? - needs to write them.  I didn't say it was
perfect.  But gift horses etc.  If you can't do it, and I can't do it, find a
volunteer who can.  I usually find the README files useless, or nearly.

But programmers are never going to be good technical authors.   How many good
technical authors do you know who are also good programmers?

Lisi