On Wednesday 18 November 2015 15:36:47 Brian wrote:
> On Wed 18 Nov 2015 at 12:20:51 -0300, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> > On Wed, 18 Nov 2015 15:42:29 +0100
> >
> > Hans <hans.ullr...@loop.de> wrote:
> > > try to boot from a live system like Knoppix or any other live-cd.
> > >
> > > Then mount the partition, where /var resides and you can delete files
> > > you do not need (for example old packages).
> >
> > Or just su to root in a console, cd to /var/cache/apt/archive and rm
> > -f *.deb to remove all the old packages.
>
> Why have a dog and bark yourself?
>
>   apt-get autoclean

Not enough. Apt-get clean/autoclean just goes so far.
I have that /var/cache/apt on the oversized home that the installation
partitions and I symlink that back to /var/cache.

Would be better to mount --bind. This is what I did to have /opt and
/usr/local. Also not enough room. When I get another disk, can stop all this
trickery, but until then, it is OK.