Hi all;

I am not 100% sure that the lan problem is connected to the memory upgrade but the problem started right after I did the upgrade.

Setup:
Debian stretch
kde desktop
dp55kg motherboard
Increased ram from 4GB to 12GB Kingston sticks

I have run a complete memory test. All memory seems to be good.

On reboot, my router connection light is lit until the bios is finished and the OS starts to load. At this point the light goes out. I thought at first I has a cable problem but have found this not to be the case. I have managed ( not sure how) to restore receiving but not sending capability. Ping to localhost works. Ping to the router doesn't. I have looked at all of the log files and have not been able to spot anything pertinent. I tried restoring part of the system from backup but that didn't work. The backup may be corrupted as well. All of the files seem to be ok but I am not completely sure.

Has anyone had a similar problem and can suggest a fix. I will supply added information as needed.

Gary R.