On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 at 10:34:09PM -0500, Francis Gerund wrote:

> >> -- or, would something else be better?
> >>

> > Something else would be better- not using jessie-backports. If you're
> > already using testing, enabling jessie-backports is pointless and will
> > put you halfway into FrankenDebian territory. Beware.
> >
> > I would do something like this:
> >
> > deb http://http.debian.net/debian testing main
> > deb http://http.debian.net/debian testing-updates main
> > deb http://security.debian.org testing/updates main

Umm,

deb http://http.debian.net/debian testing main contrib non-free
etc would be better.

> Hi.
>
> I am not using testing - yet.  Here is the current /etc/apt/sources.list :

> Is this about right, to convert from stable to permanent testing?  Or
> has having backports enabled already made it not doable?

Sorry, but I question your reasoning for switching to testing. If you
have to ask questions like this then you may have a hard time of time
it, after all, it is called testing for a reason.

If it's just for one package, then check to see it the testing deb can
be installed in Jessie, I just did that to pgn-extract, and it installed
like a charm.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X