On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 11:19:26PM +0000, Brian wrote:
> This might be an improvement:
>
>   You can force the installation of this version of udev, WHICH WILL NOT
>   WORK WITH YOUR PRESENT, RUNNING KERNEL AT THE NEXT REBOOT, by creating
>   the /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade file.

That sounds confusing. I could, on a bad day, read that as needing to
reboot to update udev after creating the /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade file.

> "force" and "creating" are still somewhat dissociated from each other.
> The two ideas would be better expressed in two sentences.
>
> Alternatively:
>
>   Please upgrade your kernel before or after upgrading udev. This
>   version of udev will not work with the kernel you are using at
>   present. If you do not upgrade the kernel before rebooting it can
>   lead to an unbootable system.
>
>   You can force the installation of this version of udev by creating the
>   file /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade.

Or ...

You can force the installation of this version of udev by first creating
a /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade file, "touch /etc/udev/kernel-upgrade file"
is sufficient, before proceeding with the udev installation.

oppressing." --- Malcolm X