On Tue, 16 Feb 2016 09:22:10 -0800
Gary Roach <gary719_li...@verizon.net> wrote:

> On 02/15/2016 09:59 PM, Adam Wilson wrote:
> > On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:39:26 -0800 Gary Roach
> > <gary719_li...@verizon.net> wrote:
> >
> >> Ever since I switch to Stretch I have been having a problem with
> >> the color scheme of various applications. I get a lot of black
> >> lettering on a black background, white on white and dark blue on
> >> black background (impossible to read). I've tried to fiddle with
> >> the colors at the kde desktop level and also at the individual
> >> application level. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern
> >> to the problem. Any suggestions would be sincerely appreciated.
> > It would be useful to know your theme settings.
> >

> KDE Apperance
>
> Workspace Theme
>      Look And Feel - Oxygen
>      Desktop Theme - Breeze Dark
>      Cursor Theme - Oxygen Red Argentina
>      Splash Screen - Oxygen
>
> I hope this helps

Is this a problem with GTK+ applications or Qt applications? The
settings above should only apply to Qt, AFAIK. If you want to fiddle
with GTK+ themes you can use lxappearance if KDE has no options for it.

Qt can mimic your GTK+ theme, but I don't think the opposite is
possible.

Petter

--
"I'm ionized"