Le quintidi 5 ventôse, an CCXXIV, Thomas Schmitt a écrit :
> i wrote:
> > > The ISO checksums are provided more for transport verification than
> > > for the fight against intentional mainpulation.

> Nicolas George wrote:
> > If that were true, CRC32 would be enough.

> For detecting most glitches, yes.
> But not if we want to use it for identifying files in benevolent
> environments.

You are changing the terms of the problem at each messages, it does not make
for a constructive discussion.

I am sure that you can come up with enough far-fetched conditions to build a
situation where MD5 would be the best choice, but this is not relevant for
real world situations.

For real world situations, to protect against hostile tampering MD5 is
broken, and to protect against accidental tampering, faster hashes exist.