I really hope I don't have to mess around with the source in this case,
because in theory Debian has this already from the package I installed
right?

I'm referring to the following citation:
https://www.question-defense.com/2009/12/29/invalid-command-fastcgiexternalserver-perhaps-misspelled-or-defined-by-a-module-not-included-in-the-server-configuration

--
"The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of 10 million is a statistic"
-- Joseph Stalin

"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit"
(Translation:
Everything changes, nothing is lost.)