I am running Wheezy v-7.10.

When I went to update this morning I received a rather unusual message:

Release file for http://debian.uchicago.edu/debian/dists/jessie-updates/InRelease
is expired (invalid since 14h 17min 59s).
Updates for this repository will not be applied.

The recalcitrant files were the source codes. Once I #'d those out of sources.list the problem went away.

I tried a few things and got the same result each time.

First I changed the repository from the University of Chicago to Debian.org.
Next I tried the same thing on another computer.

This leads me to ask if I have missed a vital message on the Debian mailing list?

--
Stephen P. Molnar, Ph.D.        Life is a fuzzy set
www.Molecular-Modeling.net      Stochastic and multivariate