On 04/22/2016 06:02 AM, Mimiko wrote:
On 22.04.2016 09:46, Tixy wrote:
It's because you use gmail and that has a 'feature' which you can't turn
off that deliberately hides your own messages.

On 22.04.2016 09:55, Brad Rogers wrote:
> Like I said to Michael; gmail.
>
> I find it surprising, to say the least, that, even after all this time,
> some people still do not know that gmail does not return list posts to
> the writer.

I know about this. Its just a minor annoyance. I could just enter lists site and see if it is there or not. I don't send a duplicate if message is on list.

On 22.04.2016 11:59, Gene Heskett wrote:
> What you Mimiko, should be doing is using your own ISP's mail server,
> which on this mailing list I am, by setting up your own email agent.
> There are quite a few available for linux.

I don't want to use my ISP's mail account. Its limited. It can be blocked. I can switch to another ISP.

I could setup a mail server, but why should I bother to set it up on my linux-like router, or on my windows desktop...

This google's "functionality" is a minor problem.

I'm glad you thing this is a minor problem. Just put out a critical question, get no answer and not know whether its due to the message not getting through or just no interest. It drives me nuts. Things are inconsistent as well. When I posted this thread my original message was posted. Since then I tried to as a question requiring the inclusion of a screen shot. I put the screen shot as an attachment. The message just disappeared never to be heard from again. Very annoying .

Gary R.