Hi,

It appears something is broken in my xfce install, as Thunar can't mount
removable volumes anymore.

I've managed to narrow down the issue as happening somewhere between
gvfs and udisks2. Mounting a USB Flash drive with 'udisksctl mount -b
/dev/sdb1' works, but 'gvfs-mount -d /dev/sdb1' gives the 'Not
authorized to perform operation' error.

According to the actions defined in
/usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.udisks2.policy I should be
able to mount removable volumes as an active user. loginctl shows my
session as Active.

Anyone have any idea what the next step is I could check?

    --- AJS, quoting an uncertain source.