On Fri, May 13, 2016, at 09:14 PM, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Jessie/Sid here. But the more important thing is... what version of
> sysv-rc is yours? What update-rc.d are you using?

"dpkg -l sysv-rc" show this from local host:

ii sysv-rc        2.88dsf-41+deb7u1

"2.88dsf-59" from my VPS provider.

How embarrasing! I spent quite a while trying to get your second point,
but to no avail. I am in the impression that there is only one copy of
globally accessible update-rc.d, which is exactly located in /usr/sbin/,
meaning that every time I type "update-rc.d" in shell, this exact
version /usr/sbin/update-rc.d gets executed. The only special thing I
notice is that it is a perl script.  Am I missing anything else?

I do not know what I am doing. Regardless, I typed what you showed in