On Friday 19 August 2016 23:31:11 Brian wrote:
> On Fri 19 Aug 2016 at 17:59:06 -0400, Maureen L Thomas wrote:
> > Ok, so I got rid of the windows machine and found a card that fit the old
> > machine.  It needs the rtl_nic driver to work.  Fine I have that firmware
> > and the needed driver on a USB stick and on an iso disk for stretch.  The
> > USB is just the firmware for these type of cards.  I must be losing my
> > mind because I cannot remember how to get the driver to install off of
> > the USB to my existing weezy system.  Thank you for even reading this but
> > I need help. I did try apt-get install but it didn't find the file on the
> > USB>
>
> "rtl_nic" means little to me; it might resonate more with others. Why do
> you need a driver for it?
>
> Please give the *exact* names of the firmware and driver you have on the
> USB stick and say where you got them from.

How did you install the system?  Why not use the same system (a DVD set??) to
install

https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/firmware-realtek

Or did you have internet connectivity, installed from there, and then lost it?

Otherwise, cp the .deb, if it is a .deb, on your usb stick to the computer and
dpkg -i it??  As has been said, you haven't really given enough information.

Lisi