On 08/09/16 23:50, Clive Menzies wrote:
On 08/09/16 23:07, Clive Menzies wrote:
This nightmare of expanding problems has been going on for three days, since Monday afternoon. Never before have I questioned the decision to base our business (and our lives) on Debian and I remain a firm advocate. I also recognise that over successive releases, accommodating a plethora of configurations becomes harder and that at some point a step changes in the foundations of the system are required. I'm presuming that the transition to systemd from sysv-init was an essential step and understand that backwards compatibility becomes more challenging as time goes on.

Just when I thought life couldn't get anymore bizarre, dovecot-imapd and core have disappeared off server_M this morning along with the config files which had the cert info in. The mail on server_U is working fine. I've looked in the apt-log and there's no indication it was uninstalled which is not surprising because it was working fine in the early hours of this morning.

--
Clive Menzies
http://freecriticalthinking.org