On Sun, 18 Sep 2016 19:57:58 -0400
Ric Moore <wayward4...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 09/18/2016 06:00 PM, Kent West wrote:
> > On Sun, Sep 18, 2016 at 3:28 PM, bell canada <bellcanada...@gmail.com
> > <mailto:bellcanada...@gmail.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     hello i installed debian 8 and i cant get into my desktop..why plz help
> >
> >     roberto
> >     438 881 9269 <tel:438%20881%209269>
> >     all i get is ablack scren
> >     even recory mode doesnt help
> >

> > Do you get to a login prompt at all (graphical or text-based)?
> >
> > What happens if you press Ctrl-Alt-F2?
> If the OP would do that, login as his user and enter "startx", I bet a
> donut that he gets to his desktop. Mine is STILL boroken that way
> ...POS. synaptic isn't fixed yet. <sighs> Someone just shoot me. Ric

<CTRL><ALT><F7> will reach the X11 session. If it started. If not, it could be
that a default xdm session (KDE, Gnome, XFCE, etc.) wasn't selected or a
desktop 'task' wasn't installed.

Console #7 is the standard console used for X11. Console #1 is the default
console when there is no default X11 session.

If Roberto gets only a black screen with nothing on it, he may have a problem
with his video driver.