Hello,

After I have changed the password for my gpg key, there is something
very strange:

When I try to sign my mail, the new password is rejected, while the
old one is still valid. Even after I killed the gpg-agent, rebooted my
machine or sacrificed a cpu to the gods of linux...

When I sign a file from commandline, it works just fine:

 % gpg --sign test.txt

 You need a passphrase to unlock the secret key for
 user: "Markus Grunwald <mar...@the-grue.de>"
 4096-bit RSA key, ID 79D7E890, created 2012-05-31

This is somehow scary, because it means my mail program has some
copy/cache/whatever which seems to be my key, but can be unlocked with
the wrong password...

My mail program is sylpheed-claws:

 % dpkg -l claws-mail | egrep '^ii'
 ii  claws-mail     3.14.0-1+b1  amd64        Fast, lightweight and
 user-friendly GTK+2 based email client

I even configured claws to use the key 79D7E890 manually, but still
the old password is valid.

I hope you have a hint what could be wrong...
--
Markus Grunwald

Fragen zur Mail? http://www.the-grue.de/mail_und_co
http://www.the-grue.de/~markus/markus_grunwald.gpg