On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 08:51:00AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
With GRUB2 on Jessie, how do I increase the menu's font _size_ .
A Google search wandered around my problem without addressing it.
I did discover that that GRUB was using a resolution that matched my monitor's settings.

[When menu comes up go to command mode by typing 'c'. Then enter 'vbeinfo' to see list of supported resolutions. In my case the active resolution was listed as 1280 x 1024.]

You will need to convert a font of your choice to GRUB's pf2 format:

# grub-mkfont -o /boot/grub/fonts/example.pf2 -s 24 /path/to/Example.ttf

(adjust the names to reflect your chosen font. The parameter to -s is the font size in pixels).

Next up, tell grub that you want to use your new font. Add this to /etc/default/grub:

        GRUB_FONT=/boot/grub/fonts/example.pf2

Finally,

        # update-grub

--