On 10/31/2016 10:06 AM, Johann Spies wrote:
> I user testing/sid and do regular dist-upgrades.  Sometime last week these
> messages started to appear regarding one of my crontab-entries:
>
> Subject: Cron <js@sitasie> /usr/bin/fetchmail -L ~/.procmail/log >
> /dev/null 2>&1
>
> /bin/sh# Edit this file to introduce tasks to be run by cron.#: execle: No
> such file or directory

It looks like cron is trying to execute a comment line - and of course a
binary with the name "#Edit this file to .... " doesn't exist on your
system. (execle is one of the system calls used for executing programs.)

Could you paste the full contents of the crontab file that contains this
entry?

Also, what implementation of cron are you using in what version? You can
get that via:
dpkg -l cronie bcron-run systemd-cron cron
(Those are the four providers of "cron-daemon" in testing at the moment.)

Regards,
CHristian