Darac Marjal wrote:

> If you can understand speech at over a million words per minute, you're
> a VERY impressive individual.

So you all know the answer :)

1. As I said I would ask in the kernel user list.

2. I would look what test.CR2 does and see what functions ae called, so you
can narrow your search in the code. I assume test.CR2 is using just cpu and
memory (no io operations). I would assume that 4.9 is using some cpu
features that 3.16 is not. Only this can explain the difference. It could
be also compiler related of course ... did you check how 3.16 and 4.9 are
compiled? At the end it boils down to the former assumption.

regards