One time I hooked up the power switch to the wrong jumpers and it took me an
hour to figure it out.

I would suggest double checking everything to make sure there's nothing you
missed. And as Felix already mentioned, parts can be dead on arrival so that is
the next thing I would look for.

--
Steven Mainor