Hi all;

A while ago, while updating my Debian testing system, I got the following error:

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Setting up apt-listchanges (3.10) ...

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/tmp/tmp.kqhvU8IqOr.aptlc/debconf-helper.py", line 6, in <module>

    import debconf

ImportError: No module named 'debconf'

dpkg: error processing package apt-listchanges (--configure):

 apt-listchanges

This error has persisted ever since. I am starting to have several strange things happen to my system - unable to move windows with mounse and unable to cut an paste from the monitor - that may or may not be caused by this error. I am not sure what the effect of the error would be nor do I know how to fix it. I found a bug report that was similar but none of the suggested fixes fixed this one.

Note: There is no tmp.kqhvU8IqOr.aptlc/debconf-helper.py file on my system. Debconf is definitely installed.

Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Gary R.