On 05/26/2017 09:48 AM, Ric Moore wrote:
> On 05/25/2017 06:56 AM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>> On 05/24/2017 12:26 PM, Richard Owlett wrote:
>
>>> The man page <https://manpages.debian.org/jessie/feh/feh.1.en.html>
>>> _mentions_ setting wallpaper in passing my noting "Use --no-xinerama to
>>> treat the whole X display as one screen when setting wallpapers."
>
> I use one wallpaper across four screens. I just right click on the
> desktop, select "Desktop Settings", select your wallpaper and scroll the
> vertical bar down to reveal the settings you want (or make it full
> screen)  select "Spanning Screens" style and check "Apply to all
> workspaces.  Bob's your uncle, you should be set. Net, go to some wall
> paper site and find W_I_D_E wallpapers. :) Ric
> p/s Using XFCE.
That is the problem, Ric.  My original post for this thread is that with
the current mate-desktop in Stretch, this no longer works.  The current
work-around is using feh to set the background, which does work. There
is an upstream fix, upgrading to caja version 1.16.3 is supposed to fix
the problem, but that version is not yet in the Stretch repositories.
There is currently a bug filed against this, and hopefully the
maintainers will get the problem solved and feh will be a thing of
history :)

--
73's,
WB5VQX -- The Very Quick X-ray