On Sat 24 Jun 2017 at 11:07:13 +0200, Erwan David wrote:

> Le 06/24/17 à 04:43, RavenLX a écrit :
> > I want to share with everyone a fix for not getting network / internet
> > if you're installing Debian without a desktop (ie. not selecting a
> > desktop AND Unchecking the Debian Desktop Environment option).
> >
> > If you install as I mentioned above and reboot, you get the command
> > prompt to log into (which is what I wanted so I could install minimal
> > KDE as I mentioned in another post). However, you can NOT get on the
> > internet! Even though the installer used the internet and set it up, the
> > settings won't stick. That's because the installer doesn't install
> > network-manager into the system!
>
> Do you mean that network-manager is compulsory in stretch ? Impossible
> to use a fixed configuration in /etc/network/interfaces or another
> connection manager like wicd ?

The OP is particularly drawing attention to a situation which could
possibly occur when *Debian is installed*. Unfortunately, although one
of the conditions under which the installation was done (no selection
of a DE) is stated, the complete situation is not described. This
reduces the usefulness of the suggested fix.

> It would surprise me.

If that was what was being suggested it would surprise everyone. But it
isn't, so it doesn't.