On 07/07/2017 07:14 AM, Georgi Naplatanov wrote:
On 07/03/2017 02:41 PM, Whit Hansell wrote:
Can anyone recommend a monochrome (black toner) laser printer that is
currently available and reasonably priced (<$300).  I am interested in
finding one as i am sick and tired of buying ink every month even when
I'm not printing much.  Have tried the Brother 2270DW but can't get it
to work.  Which ones work easillyl, if any?  Thanking in advance.

Have gone thru many of the printers listed saying they are linux
printers but when I get to the actual printer if it's available it's $
1,200 or not available when it's in the $2-300 range.  Just wondering if
there are any still available out there, reasonably priced.

Using Jessie will be going to Stretch in a few months.....
Hi Whit,

my favorite brand for printers is Lexmark. They usually have good
drivers for Linux and have cheap models.

I have Lexmark MS310DN, it's monochrome laser network printer and
supports duplex printing (double side). I bought it for about 100 EUR
without VAT.

HTH

Kind regards
Georgi

Thanks Georgi. I'll keep them, the Lexmarks in mind. However, I have a new Brother HL-L2380DN in the box sitting on a bench I am going to install this weekend. Hopefully it comes up as I want it to.

Just for grins, I did check on availability of your particular Lexmark and it's availability here in the states. Just checked a few places but it's an older model and doesn't seem to be readily available anymore. That is the problem I found with many of the printers I looked up. They were either high priced or no longer available, older models. I thank all you guys tho for your help and if I can't get this Brother to work will go thru the list of responses and see what I can find still available. You guys are great and very helpful and I really do appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.

Regards,
whit