On Mon, Jul 10, 2017, at 09:19 AM, Fungi4All wrote:

>> From: mattcr...@mattcrews.com
>> To: Fungi4All <fungil...@protonmail.com>
>> debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>
>> Back up your ~/.mozilla folder, delete it and reopen Firefox. This will
>> create a fresh Firefox profile. Make sure that Firefox's built in pop up
>> blocker is enabled. Then navigate to websites that are generating pop-ups
>> that normally don't.>>
>> If the pop-ups persist, then either your computer has been hijacked (wiping
>> your HD and re-installing the OS might fix) , your modem/router has been
>> hijacked (check your modem/router for firmware updates), or shenanigans are
>> occuring through your ISP (which you probably can't do anything about).>>
>>>
>>> Check your addons in firefox and your homepage.  This sounds like a
>>> hijacking>>> activity.  But there is a difference between pop-up and
>>> ad-blocking.  Ad-blocking>>> works whether they pop or are within the page.
>>>  Pop-ups may not necessarily>>> be ads.  You can also add the No-Script
>>> addon to only allow what you want>>> scripts on.  But this is all browser
>>> related, not system.
>>>

> You are top-posting, which you will have to learn to respect the choice not
> to,> and you are responding to me personally as I am having the problem.  I
> don't> even use Mozilla anymore.
>
> Any reference on hijacking trojans on Debian would be most interesting.>

hello everyone, thanks for your responses,
I have checked my add-ons, there are only 2 well known ones installed, IcedTea
and some video Codec.No extensions are installed.
I will try deleting the .mozilla folder shortly and report,
Subsequently I will try to install some pop-up blocker, even though I have
never had the need for this, and as I said it looks something beyond usual
pop-ups.thanks again,