Georgi Naplatanov composed on 2017-07-24 18:02 (UTC+0300):

> I'm using Debian 9 and KDE.

> I downloaded FireFox Developer edition and Thunderbird (both from
> mozilla.org website) and Thunderbird's scroll bars are about twice wider
> than FireFox's ones. Can this behavior be configured on Debian or is it
> an issue with Thunderbird.

Those are GTK scrollbars, controlled initially by whatever theme(s) are
installed and selected.

> There is a screenshot.

> https://www.dropbox.com/s/wplie8ujosxe1du/firefox-thunderb-scrollbar.png?dl=0

Firefox's are a too narrow sourge on users with limited hand-pointing device
coordination and/or vision, which Plasma unfortunately copied from Gnome.

Check about:buildconfig in TB. Maybe you got a version build with GTK2. FB is
built with GTK3. GTK has ultimate control of scrollbar width, which for GTK3 you
can fine tune through ~/.config/gtk-3.0/gtk.css.

cf.
http://twicetwo.com/blog/linux/gtk/theme/customization/2016/05/04/per-user-gtk-customization.html

see also
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/noiascrollbars/