On Sunday, 6 August 2017 11:31:29 -04 Richard Hector wrote:
> On 05/08/17 03:56, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> > Thanks to all.  The problem seems to be solved with such a cable:
> >  https://www.thomann.de/at/pro_snake_78219_yadapterkabel.htm
>
> Except that it's hard to tell what size those connectors are. Unless
> there's something in the description that I can't read that says they're
> 3.5mm, they look to me more like 6.25mm. I'm not sure what it is - I
> think 3.5mm plugs are usually more rounded on the end, while the larger
> ones often have that point. Also, it looks like the case comes apart,
> and I think the only ones I've seen with such skinny bodies are moulded
> plastic. If that's 3.5mm, I think it would be very hard to assemble by
> hand, which the body designs suggest.
>
> Richard

3.5mm and 2.5mm plugs can be soldered all right but the problem mostly is to
purchase the really fine cable with two inner conductors, both shielded.
Common "Stereo Shielded Cable" is commonly too fat and its use always results
in ugly and unwieldy kludges.
Sometimes I resorted to reusing the cables of old earphone sets, which I had
otherwise no use for anymore.

Cheers
Eike