On 08/09/2017 04:29 AM, to...@tuxteam.de wrote:

Best viewed with...

One of my favorite online experiences over time has been the sites that announce that they won't work without Internet Explorer or Firefox or whatever, and they don't. And then you have your browser *tell* them that it's Internet Explorer or Firefox or whatever, and suddenly everything works.

And then there's Flash. Web sites that insist that you use the "latest Flash" for security reasons are a laugh riot. If they gave a goat's carcass about security they wouldn't be using Flash in the first place. I'm still doing my happy dance over Adobe's announcement that they are ending support for that abomination.

Life was so much fun with BBS and FidoNet and my 110 baud modem. That thing was bigger than all of my current computing equipment combined, and it ran hot enough to supplement our heating system in the winter. Ah, ASCII art pinups put up by a "naughty" SYSOP printed out on tractor feed! Those were the days!

JP