On 17/08/17 13:31, Nicolas George wrote:
> [[elided]]
>
> No, it is the other way around: we rsync the data to a directory stored
> on a btrfs filesystem, and then we make a snapshot of that directory.
> With btrfs's CoW, only the parts of the files that have changed use
> space.

Thanks for the clarification.

> Please remember not to top-post.

Both bottom posting and top posting each have their own disadvantages.
Bottom posting requires scrolling past text that may be not needed. Top
posting puts the messages in reverse chronological order, which is not
something bad by itself.

When I explicitly want a quote to reply to a specific parts of a
message, I post after the parts, as in this message; I don't know if
that would still be considered bottom posting. When I am including the
the quotation included for reference is of secondary importance, and
therefore IMO should go after the *important* (new) information, that
is, at the bottom.

Is there a rule, guideline or de-facto standard mandating either style
in debian-user?