On Saturday 19 August 2017 09:30:10 Nicolas George wrote:

> Le duodi 2 fructidor, an CCXXV, Gene Heskett a écrit :
> > So when do we get that ported and into debian, replacing this
> > gibberish generator called ip, so we can just get back to doing the
> > things we want to do with a computer?
>
> Never. Debian developers are not your lackeys.

I (in the first person sense) do not expect them to be, but when a change
is made, and its not an improvement the users can see, as evidenced by
the level and tone of rhetoric seen here about it, whatever "it" might
be, something decent docs would tamp down, I'd expect some adjustments
to be made. Either in the docs, or the code.  I don't believe for a
millisecond the writers are trying to make life for the average user
harder, "we understand it, why can't you", but we aren't you, we don't
understand why a useful tool has been deprecated.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)